Cable Wiring Harness Assembly Process Guide. Harness Navigation System, CPG.
It is a process improvement tool for making a cable wiring harness sub assembly. It checks for correct continuity, insertion location, and terminal backout TBO. It guides the operator from where to pick up a crimped cable and where to insert a crimped cable.
Other names are Harness Navigation System, CPG, Point guide and Harness Assembly Aid.
Deskill Harness Assembly Process
Main advantage of the system is de-skilling the Cable Wiring Harness assembly process. A new person learning time is very short and assembly done is without any errors. It saves time and efforts of reworking after end of line testing.
The complete system is :
1) Test blocks / fixtures with LED indication (I/O LEDs) under each cavity to indicate where to insert. Test block also has a switch which operates on pulling a locked cable.
2) Treys with LEDs on each trey to indicate from where to pick up a cable.
3) HAAP1208 slave unit connected to trey LEDs, I/O LEDs and switch indicating pull.
1) HAAP1208 is a compact unit working on 12VDC, with appropriate connectors.
2) It is programmable using a keyboard or using soft program and USB pendrive.
3) USB port reads and writes USB pen drive.- a) User authentication ensures access to tester functions. b) HAAP Data and label data transfer to tester.
4) One slave has 128 configurable IO points.
5) HAAP1208 stores 128 programs at a time.
6) It has a 4 line LCD display of 20 digits.
7) Keys with tactile feedback and long lasting.
8) Pass counters for each program.
9) Compact in size and light in weight.
10) Self-diagnosis feature.