Harness Assembly Aid HAAP 1208
Cable Wiring Harness Assembly Process Guide. Harness Navigation System, CPG. Harness Assembly Aid with Pull HAAP1208.
It is a "process improvement tool" for making a cable wiring harness sub assembly. It checks for correct continuity, insertion location, and terminal back-out TBO. It guides the operator from where to pick up a crimped cable and where to insert a crimped cable. Complete Harness Assembly System with Assembly fixtures and Harness Assembly Boards can also be supplied by Futura.
Other names are Cable Wire Harness Navigation System, CPG, Point guide and Harness Assembly Aid. Harness Navigation is more popular with most of the manufacturers.
Deskill Harness Assembly Process
Main advantage of the system is de-skilling the Cable Wiring Harness assembly process. A new person learning time is very short and assembly done is without any errors. It saves time and efforts of reworking after end of line testing.
The complete system is :
1) Test blocks / fixtures with LED indication (I/O LEDs) under each cavity to indicate where to insert. Test block also has a switch which operates on pulling a locked cable.
2) Treys with LEDs on each trey to indicate from where to pick up a cable.
3) HAAP1208 slave unit connected to trey LEDs, I/O LEDs and switch indicating pull.
1) HAAP1208 is a compact unit working on 12VDC, with appropriate connectors.
2) It is programmable using a keyboard or using soft program and USB pendrive.
3) USB port reads and writes USB pen drive.- a) User authentication ensures access to tester functions. b) HAAP Data and label data transfer to tester.
4) One slave has 128 configurable IO points.
5) HAAP1208 stores 128 programs at a time.
6) It has a 4 line LCD display of 20 digits.
7) Keys with tactile feedback and long lasting.
8) Pass counters for each program.
9) Compact in size and light in weight.
10) Self-diagnosis feature.